Skip to main content

Single mom (for the week) update

Tuesday:
So this morning I woke up with a little bit of food poisoning from last night. My printer would not print off my assignments that I stayed up until 1am doing....but a quick stop at OfficeMax and it all worked out. 
Had a really good day at school, gave a speech and presentation like a boss. Then the boys came home and we decided to do Halloween decorations on the front porch. That's when it started going downhill. The garage door wouldn't shut and I had a mini meltdown...yes, I called my husband and cried while he talked me through it. Pity party for myself.
Wednesday: 
It was mostly without incident....
Except for when Lincoln decided to eat dog food and flood the bathroom. Oh, and the boys had dentist appointments. Odie was all numb and bit the side of his lip and cheek so much, it is just raw! Also, I ran with scissors and cut my arm.  I'm so blonde sometimes. We also did FaceTime with Scott tonight, (which we do every night) except tonight all the boys started crying and saying how much they missed their daddy. Ugh, you'd think I was some evil witch or something.
Thursday: 
Odie stayed home from school because his mouth hurt and momma is s sucker for his sweet face! Nothing was accomplished. Nothing.
Friday: 
I felt like baking so I started making a cherry pie. Lost the dog, again! Found the dog after running all over the neighborhood...Continued to be domestic. 
Thank God for my husband coming home tonight and for a girls night in, catching up on The Walking Dead. I need some zombie killing action after the week I've had! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mom Fail

Today I swept and mopped my floors just because I felt like if I were a good mom they would be cleaner.  Last week I forgot to make my son a lunch for a field trip that required a sack lunch. Just yesterday, after my attempt at being helpful and taking food to a friend, my kids were literally playing in a street and were almost hit by a truck. Yikes! When you compare yourself to the mom with the cute Sperrys and the perfectly planned outfit, the one with the newest Michael Kors bag that has absolutely no toddler stains on it or a diaper within it. When you lack professional pictures of your happy family for every season. The judgment you feel is your own. It can tear you apart inside and has a power over you like nothing else. This mom thing is crazy tough! But you're doing it. You are.  We don't have to be perfect people because we are loved by a perfect God and he loves our mess. He will love you no matter who you are, what you do, or...

LINCOLN DANGER WERLING

Not all boys are as disgusting as you think...But mine is worse! No, really, there should be a new description of nasty in the dictionary with the picture of my third child!  Not only does he play in the trash, eats things off the floor, stick stuff in the toilet and then back out again, but he is fascinated with Poo!!!  It is unreal the amount of poop this child has come in contact with over the short span of his two-year life. No, not just his. Although, that is his favorite. I know what you're thinking. What is wrong with her? Why doesn't she keep a closer eye on her child? It's because this kid has to have been some sort of stealthy ninja in a previous life! Literally, I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth or apply a little bit of make up and I come out and it's like I've entered a tipped over Port-O-potty disguised as my living room. I believe we've touched base about how he likes to be naked, and stick his hands in his pants. Is there a doctor I can talk ...

IT GETS GROSS

I know it's been a while since my last post. And I was actually starting to doubt myself and think I couldn't do this. I mean what if I run out of material? This was literally just running through my mind and then I glanced at the toilet paper roll and saw the most disgusting thing in the world! And then it hit me, I'm never going to run out of material these boys are disgusting. So just a warning, this one's going to be nasty. A while back, my youngest Lincoln was going through a phase. Probably the same phase most crazy toddlers go through. Naked time. He would usually strip down to nothing but socks and then want to stay that way for the remainder of the day. Needless to say this left lots of little "messes" for me to clean up. One in particular I will never forget. It was a quiet afternoon at home and the big boys were doing homework while I was using the restroom...Or possibly trying to save my sanity by locking myself in a tiny little room w...