Skip to main content

Corbin the shark boy

"Sharks have two penises"—Corbin (age 5) This was one of the first facts my son knew about sharks, and blurted out to random strangers.

No joke, he used to get in trouble at school for making "shark noises". Really he was just humming the theme to Jaws. This is in kindergarten we're talking about. There was a little girl who went home from school telling her mom that there was a real live shark boy in her classroom. She was serious!
 And so his obsession began along with calling himself Great White Corbin. I can't make this stuff up if I tried. It all began after we saw shark week that summer, right before kindergarten, when he was five years old...And his little brain was ready to soak up some knowledge. Well he loved it of course! He wanted to know everything there was to know about sharks and he thought he could become one when he grew up (hence the title Great White Corbin). We started collecting more rubber toy sharks then we had Hot wheels. We bought shark week videos, Jaws movies, documentaries, and books! He couldn't get enough! Halloween costumes became homemade shark outfits because you couldn't buy it in the stores yet. Awesome. Even this year he wanted to be a robot shark. Are you kidding me?! I asked him how am I supposed to do that? And he says, "mom, just buy a regular shark outfit and spray paint it gray." 
Umm...What!? 
But we indulge him because we love him. Him and all his shark quirks. Corbin's my first little boy, my first child. He taught me that it's okay to love your inner freak. It's okay to make the other kids run home and tell their mom about you. It's okay to love sharks! Yes, he can be a bit emotional. (Like his mama.) And get on my last nerve. That just makes him even more special. I can't wait to see where this kid's crazy takes us next. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single mom (for the week) update

Tuesday: So this morning I woke up with a little bit of food poisoning from last night. My printer would not print off my assignments that I stayed up until 1am doing....but a quick stop at OfficeMax and it all worked out.  Had a really good day at school, gave a speech and presentation like a boss. Then the boys came home and we decided to do Halloween decorations on the front porch. That's when it started going downhill. The garage door wouldn't shut and I had a mini meltdown...yes, I called my husband and cried while he talked me through it. Pity party for myself. Wednesday:  It was mostly without incident.... Except for when Lincoln decided to eat dog food and flood the bathroom. Oh, and the boys had dentist appointments. Odie was all numb and bit the side of his lip and cheek so much, it is just raw! Also, I ran with scissors and cut my arm.  I'm so blonde sometimes. We also did FaceTime with Scott tonight, (which we do every night) except tonight all the boys started

Mom Quotes part one

Things you shouldn't have to say to your sons: Hunny, don't spin the knife around! Put down the poop!  Stop touching the puppy's wiener!  Keep the ninja stars out of the refrigerator. No pooping on the dining room table! Get the goldfish out between your toes. Don't throat punch your brother.  Keep your hands off the (public) bathroom floor! I didn't buy cubed cheese so you could stuff in R2-D2's leg! Stop "choking with the Force"! Stop being a robot and eat your dinner! Get your hands out of your pants! Get your hands out of your brothers pants! ! Get your hands out of your butt!  Seriously, stop touching your butt! Don't wipe your hands on the dog. Get your Bat-A-Rang off the table.