Skip to main content

Winter Break is So Over!

I don't know about y'all but I love Christmas! It just reminds me of my loud crazy and wonderful family. Everyone getting together laughing and yelling...generally having a good time. And the food! Oh the food!
Usually, when winter break rolls around I'm excited to have the boys home—at first. I get to play with them and surprise them with little Elfish things. And I love hiding presents from them then counting down the days I get to see the magic in their eyes as they open all their gifts.
But that's all over people. Way over! Tomorrow they go back to school and I for one cannot wait! We had our fun and now it's done! Get these suckers out of here! And maybe I can finally have five minutes to myself to go to the bathroom, or browse through Pinterest projects that I'm never going to complete. I may even get some organization and some cleaning done...Nope, who am I kidding? I'm gonna sit around watch bad TV while eating Ninja-Bread cookies and leftover candy I've had hidden since Halloween.
 
Wait now, before you're too quick to judge my love and affection for my darling three little boys, you should consider when you had those horrible moments. And we all have. Come on get real, they weren't always precious angels were they? There were times you wanted to scream or tear your hair out or light the house on fire. Well, that's where I'm at right now. So I guess I did get a loud crazy and wonderful Christmas after all (Charlie Brown moment).
Alright enough of this ranting and nonsense, I've got to go clean up some poop and kiss my boys!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single mom (for the week) update

Tuesday: So this morning I woke up with a little bit of food poisoning from last night. My printer would not print off my assignments that I stayed up until 1am doing....but a quick stop at OfficeMax and it all worked out.  Had a really good day at school, gave a speech and presentation like a boss. Then the boys came home and we decided to do Halloween decorations on the front porch. That's when it started going downhill. The garage door wouldn't shut and I had a mini meltdown...yes, I called my husband and cried while he talked me through it. Pity party for myself. Wednesday:  It was mostly without incident.... Except for when Lincoln decided to eat dog food and flood the bathroom. Oh, and the boys had dentist appointments. Odie was all numb and bit the side of his lip and cheek so much, it is just raw! Also, I ran with scissors and cut my arm.  I'm so blonde sometimes. We also did FaceTime with Scott tonight, (which we do every night) except tonight all the boys started

Mom Quotes part one

Things you shouldn't have to say to your sons: Hunny, don't spin the knife around! Put down the poop!  Stop touching the puppy's wiener!  Keep the ninja stars out of the refrigerator. No pooping on the dining room table! Get the goldfish out between your toes. Don't throat punch your brother.  Keep your hands off the (public) bathroom floor! I didn't buy cubed cheese so you could stuff in R2-D2's leg! Stop "choking with the Force"! Stop being a robot and eat your dinner! Get your hands out of your pants! Get your hands out of your brothers pants! ! Get your hands out of your butt!  Seriously, stop touching your butt! Don't wipe your hands on the dog. Get your Bat-A-Rang off the table.

Corbin the shark boy

"Sharks have two penises"—Corbin (age 5) This was one of the first facts my son knew about sharks, and blurted out to random strangers. No joke, he used to get in trouble at school for making "shark noises". Really he was just humming the theme to Jaws. This is in kindergarten we're talking about. There was a little girl who went home from school telling her mom that there was a real live shark boy in her classroom.  She was serious!  And so his obsession began along with calling himself Great White Corbin. I can't make this stuff up if I tried. It all began after we saw shark week that summer, right before kindergarten, when he was five years old...And his little brain was ready to soak up some knowledge. Well he loved it of course! He wanted to know everything there was to know about sharks and he thought he could become one when he grew up (hence the title Great White Corbin). We started collecting more rubber toy sharks then we had Hot wheels. We bought